These days, there are conferences galore for administrative professionals. In recent years, they’ve sprung up in every corner of the world ranging dramatically in price, duration and content. Some offer very intimate experiences in peaceful settings while others host thousands of assistants in exotic destinations.
As you know, attending an administrative conference is an investment of your time and your organization’s money. So how do you get the best return on your investment? With so many options, how do you decide which conference is best for you and which one will truly meet your personal and professional needs?
There are numerous factors to take into consideration when deciding which administrative conference to attend. For example, what type of environment is most conducive to your learning style? Do you like high energy experiences or slower moving events? Do you care about the speakers’ expertise or is the location the most important consideration?
Answering these questions (and more) will help you get the greatest value and ensure you have a memorable experience.
In this one hour webinar, Joan Burge will share her insights on how to select the administrative conference that’s right for you. For about 40 minutes, Joan offered specific strategies to help you make the best decision. Then, she devoted about 20 minutes to answer questions about the Office Dynamics Annual Conference for Administrative Excellence as well as any general questions you have about administrative conferences and training. This is a recorded webinar so she will not be able to answer new questions. If you have any specific questions about our Conference you may submit them here.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to make educated decisions when choosing which conference to attend.
- Specific steps you can take to increase your return on your investment: pre-event, during the conference, and post-event.
- A step-by-step process to get leadership approval for attending a conference.
- How to identify your learning style (and why that’s important).
- Why attending as a group can be a valuable way to enhance team collaboration.
- The pros and cons of large vs. intimate conferences.
- How to increase your networking opportunities to get more out of your conference experience.
- With this information, you will naturally gravitate to the conference that best feeds your soul and mind!