Of course, this takes a mental shift. I know this from being in a recording studio for 3 days creating 29 educational and video messages before the holidays. Often, for one video, I have 3 or 4 takes to “nail it”; to say what I want to say without a break in thought. I have to speak with over the edge energy so that I demonstrate high energy to the viewer. I have to push my vocals, raise my tone of voice, and breathe from the gut. This takes a tremendous amount of physical and mental vigor. But the outcome is amazing. And so I started to think, what if I operated at this level 90% of the time outside of the studio? (I won’t say 100% because sometimes, for various reasons, our bodies are just tired.)
I’m sure that up to this point, you have had a good life with many ups and downs as well as many blessings. But there is still more in store for you! You can live with more purpose, passion and commitment.
I am taking you on a journey for a year. I want to be your coach and guide to living your BIG year. I’ve mapped out an entire year of topics as follows.
- January: BIG Thoughts
- February: BIG Goals
- March: BIG Energy
- April: BIG Focus
- May: BIG Learning
- June: BIG Staying Power
- July: BIG Reflection
- August: BIG Actions
- September: BIG Resilience
- October: BIG Accountability
- November: BIG Gratitude
- December: BIG Outcomes & Celebration
Before we jump into taking action, we need to start with a little self-assessment. Sometime this week, answer the following questions and be sure to watch the video I’ve provided. Feel free to share this with any co-workers or friends.
- What did I want to do in 2013 that I did not do?
- Why didn’t I do it? Was it because of outside circumstances or my own thinking?
- What did I succeed in?
- What do I want to pursue to a greater degree this year?
- Where are my biggest strengths?
- What do I promise to do right this year?
- When it comes to family and friends, what do I wish the most would happen? How will I make that happen?
- How can I WOW myself this year?
- What is my motto for this year?
- What old attitudes do I need to drop?
- In what ways can I create more physical energy for myself?
- One area of my financial arena that I need to improve is _________.
- Who are the most important people in my life? How can I connect with them more often?
- What is most important to me in life?
- What values are important to me?
Did you notice how most of the questions above have the word “I”? That means you have to be accountable for your own actions. It’s about you taking ownership of your life, even when circumstances throw everything out of whack.
LIVE EVENTS – Mastering Self-Leadership 2-day Event coming to a city near you!
As a savvy assistant working in the modern business world moving at supersonic speed, you must learn how to lead yourself in order to be at the top of your game, remain on the cutting edge and be prepared for the future. You already take the lead in various aspects of your job. You are a leader of processes, information, people and priorities. The greatest advancement you can make…Learn more.
ONLINE LEARNING – 2013 Annual Conference for Administrative Excellence
It is not enough to only focus on your administrative competencies, although they are critically important and we will address them throughout this Event. Your ability to have impact and reach outrageous levels of success in your career can only occur when you have a full 360° view of life. We will provide that 360° view of what sustainable excellence and robust fulfillment looks and feels like when you become BOLD & BALANCED. Learn more.
ONLINE LEARNING – Managing Your Executive’s Day
(6 Sessions) $99
This online learning program is now available! You can read about the full program here. This program is a total of 72 minutes in length and you can watch it any time! There is no schedule to follow for this educational online learning experience.