President and Partner of Stanton Partners, Inc., CPM
Teresa Peters worked in the administrative profession for 20 years starting part-time in her junior year of high school. Teresa worked her way up from Secretary to Executive Assistant to Corporate Secretary before switching careers to Property Manager, Asset Manager and to her current role as President.
Teresa Peters, President and Partner of Stanton Partners, Inc., has over 40 years of experience in commercial real estate and has been with the company since its inception in 1993. Teresa is responsible for all operational aspects of the company including the asset management of approximately 1 million square feet of retail and mixed-use properties throughout southeastern Virginia.
Honors and Awards:
- Virginia Lawyers Media-Influential Woman of Virginia
- Inside Business-Female Power Player of Commercial Real Estate
- Women in Business-Achievement Award
- CREW-Groundbreaking Woman
- Certified Property Manager of the Year (2003 & 2007)
- Goodman Segar Hogan, Inc.-President’s Award & Leadership Award
Wednesday, October 28, 2020 | 10:45 – 12:00 p.m.
Embracing The Future With An Eye On The Past: Joan And Teresa’s Story
What does the future look like? No one can say for sure, but we know that we can best prepare for it by becoming students of the past. Take for example Joan Burge and Teresa Peters, who have been friends for more than thirty years. Inspired to move her industry forward in 1990, Joan created a “first of its kind” space for stellar, top-level assistants. The elite Star Achievers group was born. Teresa was the first official member. Their passion, hard work, and influence have continued to shape the industry ever since.
In this session, we will cover:
- Teresa’s journey from Executive Assistant to President
- Being a catalyst for change
- Being fearless
- Thinking outside the box
- The power of collaboration