CEO (Chief Everything Officer!)
Lisa has a passion for motivating others to be their best. An enthusiastic and sought after international speaker and trainer, her presentation style is engaging, educational and motivational. She is the co-owner of Admin to Admin – a training and development company dedicated to helping assistants discover their administrative brilliance.
Her successful career as a senior executive assistant spans over 25 years. An educator at heart, she taught at Shasta College in Redding, CA for 5 years in the Administrative Professional Certificate program. She has been a repeat presenter at the APC Conferences in the US and Canada, the Office Dynamics Conference, the IAAP International Forum, Executive Secretary Live Conferences and the Executive Leadership Support Forums. She enjoys connecting with all the all the brilliant assistants she has met around the world.
Still working in the administrative trenches, she is currently the Executive Coordinator at Dignity Health, leading a team of 5 as the Office Manager and serving as the Community Board Coordinator for four hospitals as well as supporting the Senior Vice President of Operations.
Lisa has a degree in Business & Human Resource Management and a Masters Degree in Organizational Leadership.
4 Habits of the Empowered Assistant
Wednesday, October 16, 2019 | 10:45 – 12:00 p.m.
Empowerment is a process; a path and a journey. It is a multi-dimensional process that fosters influential impact when we understand it. Being empowered presupposes some level of common sense and emotional maturity. Have you ever considered how you feel about your own personal power? What is empowerment and what habits can be developed that build confidence in own empowerment? This session will focus on four habits that often are uncomfortable and challenging for assistants: Negotiation, Risk, Conflict, and Competition.
In this deep-dive learning session attendees will discover:
- Why these four habits are the keys to administrative influence
- Indicators of personal empowerment
- Strategies for successfully applying them with confidence
- How to tap into the benefits of self-awareness to identify patterns that inhibit effective negotiation skills
- Why assistants need to embrace risk; what risks should assistants be taking?
- When conflict is healthy and how to manage conflict effectively
- Benefits of competition and the theory of practicing an “abundance mentality”