Joan Burge Innovation Award
At Office Dynamics, we know that assistants are always coming up with great ideas, creating new systems and processes, or taking the lead. Oftentimes, assistants do not have the opportunity to showcase their talents or what they have created, nor do they always get recognized for their work.
That is why Joan Burge created the Joan Burge Innovation Award in 2019. Joan wanted to celebrate outstanding ideas birthed by administrative and executive assistants. And she wanted these forward-thinking assistants to be acknowledged in a public gathering of administrative peers where they could share their idea with other assistants.
The benefits to the presenter
We encourage all conference attendees, whether you are attending in person or via live-stream, to apply for this Award. Here are the benefits to you should you apply.
- Sharing your idea with administrative professionals from around the world
- Being recognized as a leader and trailblazer
- Self-satisfaction from knowing you did a great job
- Providing exposure for your employer/organization
- Gaining recognition from your organization upon your return from the conference
- Adding to your bag of skills making yourself more marketable
- Possible reward from your employer
- Expanding your credentials on your resume or social media
Any conference attendee can submit their innovative idea prior to October 7.
Your submission can be in a typed document and emailed to [email protected].
Or, you may mail a hard copy of your submission to:
Office Dynamics International
5575 S. Durango Dr. Suite 106
Las Vegas, NV 89113
Joan Burge and her team will be reviewing all submissions. We recommend the following:
- Be creative in your presentation of what you did that demonstrated your creativity or innovative idea or how you streamlined a process. Remember, the judges will also be looking at the actual submission and how well it was done.
- Option: You might want to submit a little video to go along with your written submission or send a PowerPoint presentation.
- Be as clear as possible in explaining your accomplishment so the judges can understand what you did.
If you are chosen as the recipient of the Joan Burge Innovation Award and you are attending the:
- in-person conference in Las Vegas, we will ask you to come to the main stage to briefly share your story and receive the award from Joan Burge.
- livestream event, we will ask you to submit a short video that we can share from the main stage with our two audiences.
If you have any questions regarding how to submit, call Melia Amira at 800-STAR-139.