After more than 40+ years of living in and with this profession, these are my wishes for every administrative professional, especially you. I hope you will pass this on to your peers so that we might light a fire that burns in all administrative professionals’ hearts.
My wishes for you are that you…
- live your profession with inspiration, enthusiasm, energy, inquisitiveness, and passion.
- wake up every day with excitement about the work you do and the opportunities that lie ahead that day.
- will never settle for second best for yourself.
- always seek better, newer, more exciting ways of doing things.
- be proud of the profession you have chosen.
- be a life-long student of both your career and life.
- make time for family, friends, faith, and fun.
- shake yourself up every once and awhile and jump out of your comfort zone.
- take on a task or project that challenges your thinking.
- make something of the talents you have been given.
- always see the sunlight through the clouds.
- be blessed with a great boss who is a mentor at least once during your lifetime.
- get to ride on a corporate jet once.
- spread your enthusiasm to other admins.
- start an administrative team or lead a small group of admins once.
- be ecstatic about your successes when they occur!
- help this profession be elevated to one that is admired and sought after; truly viewed as a career of choice.
- you will realize whatever you learn from being an administrative professional can carry over to every aspect of your life.