Are you living a BUSY life instead of a BIG life?
Hello Monday Motivators!
Now there is a BIG thought! I hope that title got you thinking. We are very good at living busy lives. We all talk about our crazy schedules and busy weekends. We write our to-do lists and check things off our calendars. Parents run their kids from practice to practice and weekly soccer games; we run errands on the weekends; meet our friends for dinner or movies; attend football games, weddings, showers—run to our doctor appointments and more. The list goes on and on. We think we are living our BIG life, but are we just living a busy life.
I use an analogy when I speak on time management of a hamster and a hamster wheel. A hamster loves to run around its wheel. It goes round and round and think he is getting somewhere. In reality, the hamster is going nowhere. I think we mimic that behavior much of the time. We run around all day and think we are getting somewhere or making headway but we really have not.
So here are some BIG thoughts for this week that will lead you to living a BIG life.
- Your life is about quality; not quantity. What matters is what you do with the years you have on earth. A person can live to be 90 and never reach there potential, live a life of significance or grow. Another person can live to 40 years old and have lived a fruitful, awesome life. Remember . . . it is not the number of years you live that matter, but what you do with the years you are given.
- Look at the breadth and depth of your life. If you sit around at night and watch TV and read People magazine all the time, that will probably lead to a shallow life. If you want your life to be rich, you need to expand your thinking. You need diversity in friends, places you visit, what you do with your free time and who you associate with at work. What are you going to do this year to add depth to your life?
- I read that the end of a day, women tend to think about what they did not accomplish. (I’m not sure about men.) At the end of the day, we need to reflect and give ourselves a pat on the back for our accomplishments, no matter how small.
- Do things that matter to you. This is not about being selfish but about honoring our true selves, desires and aspirations. When we honor and love ourselves, we will naturally be more caring to others. We will want to be more and do more.
- BIG is about giving equal attention to all 5 Pillars of Life over time. The Pillars are: Career, Family, Financial, Spiritual and Wellness.
- Small thinking leads to a small life. Think BIG.
- Look at life with a question mark; mot a period. You will get new answers and insights when you place a “what if” question in your subconscious.
- Who you are today is not all you are capable of becoming.
- It takes courage to live BIG.
- Let your inner light shine and do not always follow the crowd. They may be going in the wrong direction.
- Ignite your passion.
- Security lies within you, not a job.
- Be willing to lose in order to win.
- Stare your fears in the face.
- Obstacles and barriers are just tests of how badly you want something. If you are not willing to fight for “it” then maybe “it” is not worth fighting for.
Expand your mind and embrace BIG thoughts this week.
P.S. Visit our gallery for nice images of my sayings above. http://joanburgeliveabiglife.com/inspirational-quotes-for-women-picture-quotes