Great news! You are approved to attend that special administrative conference. Now how will you get the most for your investment? It starts before you even get to the venue. In this blog, I will discuss what you can do prior to attending your conference. In Blog #5, I’ll cover tips for while you are at the conference; Blog #6 will let you know what to do post-conference. Just remember, you will get as much out as you put in.
- Prepare mentally.
- Prepare logistically. [Bring business cards!]
- Write your Development Plan.
- Review the speaker’s objectives. Highlight the ones that specifically meet your goals.
- Read your pre-event detailed letter when it arrives for special announcements and any last-minute changes. Office Dynamics always sends a letter to each registrant about one month prior to our event.
- Book your hotel room immediately! Hotel rooms book up quickly. This is especially true in convention cities like Las Vegas where we host our annual conference. Attendees think they can wait until a month out to book their hotel room; they don’t realize thousands of people converge on Las Vegas and the hotel rooms fill up fast. Also, a host event’s block can sell out and then you are stuck.
- Pack reading materials or your tablet/reading device for possible airport delays.
- Expect the unexpected. All types of situations can occur when you travel. Don’t let them ruffle you or ruin the excitement you have for attending the Event.
- Visit the keynote and concurrent session speaker’s websites to get a heads up on their expertise.
Best of luck!